Like all countries of the world, Iran has designed various types of visa for foreign nationals to enter the country. In order to invite foreign guests, you can get acquainted with different visa types.
The Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Islamic Republic of Iran has divided Iran’s visas into the following categories on the basis of the purpose of the travel and other conditions of the applicant:
Type A Entry Visa:
This visa is issued to nationals who have come to Iran with credible invitations from the ministries, organizations, institutions, and authentic public/private companies for the purpose of negotiating, contracting, negotiating for investment, setting up purchased devices, and etc. The possible applicants are:
• Faculty and cultural (academic staff) members, and researchers
• Drivers carrying goods or passengers
• Members of official, political, economic, and artistic committees, sports teams, and international organizations
• Known Experts and Traders
• United Nations staff and affiliated organizations
• Family members of the foreigners living in Iran
Type B Tourist Visa:
This visa is issued to foreign tourists who enter the country to visit the tourist attractions of Iran. Possible applicants are:
Type C Pilgrimage Visa:
This visa is issued to foreign Muslim nationals who enter Iran for pilgrimage to religious sites. Possible applicants are:
• Muslim Tourists
Type D Foreign Government Diplomat & Officials Visa and Type S Service:
The following are possible applicants:
• Temporary agents of political agents, consulates, and offices of international organizations residing in Iran
• Officers’ temporary guests, including foreign diplomats residing and permanent staff
• Holders of political passport in the form of delegation, holding conferences, novitiate, implementing a cultural and educational program and etc.
• Holders of a political passport who intend to travel to Iran for tourism or pilgrimage.
Type E Educational Visa:
This visa is issued to students and foreign scholars who intend to study in Iran’s universities. These nationals must apply educational admission from the Ministry of Science, Department of Education or Science Centers. Possible applicants are:
Type F Visa with Work Right:
This visa is issued to foreign nationals who intend to work in Iran and have a work permit from a practitioner employer in Iran, approved by the Ministry of Labor. Possible applicants are:
• Experts in the field of industrial, medical and etc.
Type G visa:
This visa is issued to foreign drivers who intend to travel to another country through Iranian territory. Possible applicants are:
Type H Press Visa:
This visa is issued to reporters of foreign media, including video, audio, newspapers, and digital media, as well as producers, directors and agents of any kind of report, film, etc. that enter Iran for professional purposes and licensed by the Center for Diplomacy. Possible applicants are:
Type I Investment Visa:
This visa is issued for foreign nationals intending to invest in Iran. Applicants must obtain the necessary approval from the Investment and Technical Assistance Organization of Iran. Possible applicants are:
• Traders and investors
Type M Kinfolk Visa:
This visa is issued to provide additional facilities to the spouse and children of foreign nationals who intend to travel to Iran. Possible applicants are:
• Spouse and children of foreign nationals with Iranian citizenship
Type T Therapeutic Visa:
This visa is issued to foreign nationals who have been admitted for treatment in one of Iran’s accredited medical centers. Possible applicants are:
• Physical patients
Iran’s visa is valid for 3 months, and travelers can stay in Iran for 30 days. However, if approved by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Islamic Republic of Iran, this period can be extended to 60 days.